Follow these tips for Fat Busting Meals:
1. Avoid grains, including corn.
2. Avoid potatoes and other white foods, like white rice, sugar and salt.
3. Try making protein the focus of each meal. It kicks your metabolism into higher gear. All meats, fish and poultry are the real “guilt-free” foods. The protein will help you handle insulin better, build muscle and repair tissue-all essential for staying lean and preventing diabetes.
4. Snack on nuts and seeds. They are a good source of protein and have Omega 3’s.
5. Avoid processed foods, trans fats, caffeine, and high fructose corn syrup. All increase insulin resistance.
6. Choose vegetables that are low glycemic.
7. Choose fruits such as berries and fruits you can eat with the skin on.
8. Eat a high protein breakfast every morning. It will stabilize your blood sugar and get you off to a good start.
From Dr. Al Sears